Why Donate Your Boat?
Offering personal, prompt, and professional services for more than 25 years
Pacific Marine Foundation understands the complexities of marine donation. Our paid and volunteer staff includes attorneys, yacht brokers, marine equipment specialists, top repair shops, licensed commercial captains and industry experts.
You can be assured that your gift will be handled promptly, professionally, and with legal integrity when you decide to donate your boat to the Pacific Marine Foundation. We have the expertise to ensure a seamless experience.
Who We Support
Here are just some of the organizations we have supported.
- Sail Sandpoint Youth Program
- Washington Sea Scouts
- Boys and Girls Club of Whatcom County
- Bellingham Public Schools Foundation
- Western Washington University Foundation
- Port Hadlock Youth Sailing Program
- Homeport Learning Center
- Port Townsend Wood Boat Center
- Swan Children’s Theater
- NAWA Academy, San Francisco
- The Opportunity Council, Whatcom County
- Seattle Girls’ Choir
- Northwest Schooner Society
- Gig Harbor Boat Works
- California Sea Scouts
- Seattle Youth Symphony
- Whatcom Symphony Orchestra
- Seattle Public Schools
- Center for Wooden Boats
- The Marrowstone Music Festival
- Broad Reach Youth Foundation
- Columbia Gorge Youth Sailing Program
- NorthWest Choirs
- Oceans4Ages Environmental Program
- University of Washington
- Bellingham Bay Community Boating Center
- Allied Arts of Seattle
- Port Steilacoom Maritime Museum
- OAR Northwest
- Seattle Education Foundation
Our foundation allows other nonprofit groups to utilize the benefit of gifts made to us. By concentrating our efforts in the Pacific Northwest, and by continuing to broaden our network of generous individuals like you, we provide meaningful financial assistance to regional non-profit organizations.
While the Pacific Marine Foundation receives many generous donations from individuals, we can also receive specific grants and in-kind donations of equipment and gear, potentially satisfying distribution requirements for other donor foundations as well.
While cash donations are greatly appreciated, the Pacific Marine Foundation can also accept gifts of publicly traded securities. A donor can deduct the fair market value of the security as of the date of donation. There are some limitations to securities donations, so we always recommend consulting a professional tax advisor.
Pacific Marine Foundation
1900 W. Nickerson, Suite 116-218